Youth Citizen Service Leadership Challenge 2015
Youth Citizen Service (YCS) is an action learning programme for young Indians. YCS creates an opportunity for India’s youth to actively work towards addressing development issues while they themselves build a deeper understanding of the dynamics of poverty and development.
As part of the full time, six week programme, young people in the age group of 18-25 volunteer with an NGO in India. In this engagement, they discover themselves, learn interpersonal, leadership and other skills and gain valuable experience in the development sector. They learn to join the dots between diverse issues of poverty and get a chance to contribute to specific issues in a specific community.
The programme supports the travel, accommodation, food, medical insurance and training costs of the volunteers. A stipend is also paid to them.
- Age – 22 to 29 years
- Nationality – Indian
- Language spoken/understood – English and Hindi
- Able to join the programme from August 04 to September 15, 2015
- All sections of the questionnaire are mandatory for qualification
- Last date submission of application form is July 20, 2015
For further queries or information:
- Drop a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Prerna/Kavneet at +91-11-26544224, +91-11-2654-4100
Women and youth with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the volunteering programme.